If you would like more information or have questions for the editorial team please contact, our Senior Editor, Néstor Medina, firstname.lastname@example.org . To access our OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSION, please click on the SUBMIT button down below.
Perspectivas is the online peer-reviewed bilingual subscription journal of the Hispanic Theological Initiative (HTI). It features the contributions of Latina/o scholars in theology and religion and serves as a critical resource to stimulate further dialogue and research in theological and religious education.
Perspectivas has become a vehicle to reach a broad audience, including faculty and students, as well as a growing number of churches and other community organizations across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
General guidelines for articles:
The journal follows the Chicago Manual of Style. You can access and search the full text of the fifteenth edition of the Chicago Style Manual online http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org.
Please use endnotes when citing sources in your article.
Articles should not normally exceed 8,000 words.
*We welcome articles in either English or Spanish*
Articles must be submitted online: http://perspectivastg.wpengine.com/submissions/
Please note that when submitting an article to Perspectivas, please have the following items available for upload:
An abstract (100 word max.)
Anonymized word document of your article
High-resolution headshot image (300 x 300 pixels)
Title and Affiliation of author
Are you able to translate your article? Yes or No
Do you accept to have your article translated? Yes or No
General guidelines for book reviews:
– Between 500 and 700 words in length, unless otherwise agreed to in advance by the Editor
– Submit text and heading as a MS Word (doc, .docx) document double spaced. Use one inch margins and indent all paragraphs
– Font: 12pt Times New Roman
– Include page numbers in the bottom right corner of each page
– Review heading should be included at the top of your review, flush left and in Bold font.
* Include the Title, By Author, Press, Year of Publication. Number of pages. Price following the example below:
– Latino Pentecostals in America: Faith and Politics in Action, By Gastón Espinosa.
Harvard University Press, 2014. 520 pages. $35.00.
– Note: If no price is available, substitute N.P. for the dollar amount.
– Type your Name flush right at the end of your review. Beneath it, include the name of your institution. No other information will be published.
– Footnotes cannot be included in reviews. If you cite from the book you are reviewing, insert the page number(s) in parentheses at the end of the quotation or sentence in which the quoted material appears.
For any other formatting for the body of the review: The journal follows the Chicago Manual of Style. You can access and search the full text of the fifteenth edition of the Chicago Style Manual online http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org
Book Review Submissions:
Book Reviews are assigned by the editorial team. If you are interested in reviewing a book for this publication please email email@example.com